Monday, February 28, 2011

Simple Lemon Cake

(pictured above, our valentines version of the same cake)

My friend turned 30 this weekend and I was in charge of making a cake for her suprise dinner celebration.

The dinner menu was simple but delicious. And so I thought I'd make a cake with that same theme...simple but delicious!
...................................................................................
We love this lemon cake. I don't typically like lemon desserts. But
I love this one.



Simple Lemon Cake


1 pkg. lemon cake mix

2pkg. (3.4oz) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding

1-1/2 C cold milk

1 container (8oz) Cool Whip topping, thawed

Step 1: Bake 2 (8 or 9in.) round cake layers, as directed on your cake package. Cool completely.


Step 2: Beat Pudding mixes and 1-1/2 C milk with a whisk for 2 min. Immediately spread over tops of each cake. I added it all to the center but you can put half on the top layer too.

Step 3: Stack Cake Layers and Frost with Cool Whip.





Step 4: Garnish with sliced lemons and fresh mint


A cute cake bunting would be darling on top too!

I've made this cake several times and it is always a hit. Typically instant pudding and cool whip frosting would be a turn off for me, but it is suprisingly really good! And oh so simple to make.


So go ahead and make some cake :)

1 comment: