Monday, February 14, 2011

Ice Cream Shoppe Valentine

I love valentines day.
I love the hearts, candy, flowers, love notes, parties, pink, red, lace, dates with the hubs. And now I think I'll add ICE CREAM to my list for valentines day LOVES.

The other day while out thrifting I found some great vintage parfait/dessert glasses. I also found this recipe box with Betty Crocker recipes from the 1970s. There was a recipe card in there with a picture of parfaits. Those 1970 pictures get me! Such vintage goodness. Right?

Well as soon as I saw that recipe card an image popped into my head for a product shot for these little lovelies:



A mini-flag banner with pinks, teals, and purples

coupled with my shop's new treasures.


I just didn't know if I could pull it off...


I'm no product photographing expert. I'm a complete amature! But I do love the way these turned out.

So here's what I did.

I cut triangles, about 1"or 2" in size and then hot glued the pieces onto green apple divine twine. Any string, lace, ribbon or jute would work just great.

To get a white background I taped my flag banner onto a large white foam board. And set my dessert glasses on white pieces of paper


I later photoshoped the paper lines out using this technique


Added some heart sprinkles for that special valentine's touch. Then I brightened each picture in Adobe Bridge...LOVE ADOBE BRIDGE!

And well, a good product shot can't go to waste. Oh no. Especially not on valentines day. So these little munchkins (along with a very special man of mine) got to try the "product" out after their baths tonight.

It was my valentines day {end of day} surprise.

And well...I think they liked it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment