Friday, March 4, 2011

Nursery Cost Break Down

This room was done on a budget! I tried to use what we already owned. When I did purchase things I tried to first buy it second-hand or make it myself. I was lucky and had some pretty amazing gifts for this nursery too!

I wanted to create a room that would represent my children. I love vintage, simple, clean decor. I had a look I was going for but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. So I did my fair share of thrifting. I needed to buy a big dresser since this room doesn't come with a closet and I needed a crib for my daughter. Both big ticket items.

In total we spent: $296.25

So here's our cost breakdown

dresser: $55

dresser hardware: $18

lamp: $3

IKEA white frames: $10

Mary Poppins art: $7 (handmade by me)

basket for diapers: already owned

vintage toys: mine when I was a wee one

Total: $93

Crib: already owned

bedding: homemade gift from fantastic sister-in-laws, umm ya, they are the best!

Total: $0

Pom poms: $3 (handmade by me)

IKEA white lanterns: $8

Total: $11

Chair: $8

Paint for chair: $3 sample from Lowe's

Bookshelves: $6 (handmade by me)

Paint: $3

Books: already owned

Total: $20

Nightstand: My dad made it back in highschool

Hardware: $6

Ukrainian martroyshka: already owned

Frame: already owned (added fabric)

Temple: .25

Framed picture of the Savior: already owned

Total: $6.25

Embroidery Hoops: $8 at Hobby Lobby

Fabric: $20 but have LOTS left over

Vintage Hat stand: $5

Red Paint: $3 sample at lowes

Hats and Boa: already owned

Total: $36

And not pictured: crib and mattress...which broke on us afterall. But it's still in the cost of the room: $40

Paint for crib: $20

Total: $60

Paint for the stripes on the walls: $50

Painting supplies: $10

Total: $60

No comments:

Post a Comment